[pvrusb2] tda9887 fun...

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Dec 26 17:44:40 CST 2005

Note to all:

Today's snapshot includes a change that removes a hack which apparently
had been doing what tda9887 should be doing.  This has two implications:
(1) If you run this snapshot and find you can't tune at all anymore then
you were probably relying on this hack - solution is to make sure you have
tda9887 loaded instead.  (2) If you had tda9887 loaded before and still
experienced tuning problems, try again with this snapshot because that
hack was probably causing interference in tda9887.ko's operation of the
chip.

Also, if you are having probablems with audio (or tuning in general) and
tda9887 is loaded and attaching to your device, do this:

1. modprobe -r tda9887
2. modprobe tda9887 port2=0
3. power cycle the PVR USB2 device.

If this works for you, then PLEASE let me know of that fact.  Step 3 by
the way is important right now, because the act of just reloading the
driver doesn't at the moment cause the video standard to be reset
properly (and issue I will address shortly).