[pvrusb2] Re: symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog woes...

James Andersen lorinho99 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 16:59:49 CST 2005

 Julian and Mike,
    Many thanks for your quick responses!  I fixed it by following Julian's
suggestion of removing the support modules installed by the driver and
reverting to
the existing ones (which I had previously renamed).  I did however still
need the saa7115.ko module.  My kernel only had saa7114...
    Thank you both so much... I was fearing I'd have to do a Windows dual
boot to make use of this capture device!
-James

The error happens when MODVERSIONS in on for the kernel build and the
tveeprom that was loaded doesn't EXACTLY match the tveeprom that was
expected (specifically regarding that symbol) when pvrusb2 was compiled.
This effect unfortunately comes out of the horrid hack I had to do involving
tveeprom (see http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2-eeprom.html for more info).

You can work around it by turning off MODVERSIONS in the kernel build. I had
been doing that all along here, which is why I had such a hard time
understanding this problem.  Alternatively what Julian suggests should work
as well.

  -Mike