[pvrusb2] no audio with PAL and tda9887

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Dec 31 10:38:37 CST 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> Michael, what version do you exactly have?
>
> I also have a multistandard device and with the port2
> thing this works like a charm.
> My device says on the bottom 29039 rev D160.
>
> I'm not sure whether switching from SECAM to PAL will
> cause the problem. If so you could probably hack
> starting with PAL in the driver. If that would work in
> the end a module parameter could be added to specify
> the initial system.

That should not be an issue.  When the video standard is changed, the
pvrusb2 driver will pass this info to tda9887 which should adjust (if
needed) accordingly.

> Mike is there anything in the log on the loading of
> the tda9887 that shows whether port2 is set or not?
> Otherwise perhaps try the -debug=2 or whatever it was
> we attempted last week.

No, there won't be anything in the log, at least not from the pvrusb2
driver since those tda9887 settings are internal to that module.  However
as you suggest, debug=2 will reveal all of that.

Reloading tda9887 with debug=2 is a helpful thing to do.  You'll be able
to tell exactly what is being sent to the chip and _when_ it is being
sent.