[pvrusb2] xawtv recording?

xavier.gnata at free.fr xavier.gnata at free.fr
Tue Nov 8 12:55:11 CST 2005

> The cvs versions of xawtv have not migrated all the functions over from
> the stable releases (ie. recording).  (I believe this info is accurate.
> See the release notes on the cvs versions or the website for specifics.)

Ok but a new entry has appear is cvs version "Start stop recording".
The GUI must have been updated before the real implementation of this function
in CVS version. I hope we will have recording working in xawtv cvs...one day :)

> For recording, all you really have to do is:
>
> $ cat /dev/v4l/video0 > recorded.mpg

Yep it works without problem.

> For timed recordings, grab one of the latest versions of Mythtv.  This
> gives you a pvr type interface for scheduling recordings using an on
> screen "Program Guide" along with the ability to automatically transcode
> recordings.
>
> It does take a little time to configure mythtv and be able to work it,
> but the benefits do pay-off well with using mythtv!

mythtv looks great now :) I have to find some time to instll it on debian.
Is there any tutorial to do so?

Xavier.