[pvrusb2] xawtv recording?

roger roger at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 8 00:14:46 CST 2005

The cvs versions of xawtv have not migrated all the functions over from
the stable releases (ie. recording).  (I believe this info is accurate.
See the release notes on the cvs versions or the website for specifics.)

For recording, all you really have to do is:

$ cat /dev/v4l/video0 > recorded.mpg

For timed recordings, grab one of the latest versions of Mythtv.  This
gives you a pvr type interface for scheduling recordings using an on
screen "Program Guide" along with the ability to automatically transcode
recordings.

It does take a little time to configure mythtv and be able to work it,
but the benefits do pay-off well with using mythtv!