[pvrusb2] firmware between ivtv and pvrusb2

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Nov 11 18:49:16 CST 2005

Hey, thought you all might be amused to know something just discovered...

I've been comparing notes with the ivtv maintainer.  It turns out that the
encoder firmware used in ivtv-driven hardware is in fact compatible with
the encoder firmware used in pvrusb2-driven USB hardware.  Using MD5 sums,
we found one exact match in fact.