[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20051016

xavier.gnata at free.fr xavier.gnata at free.fr
Tue Oct 18 03:54:35 CDT 2005

Quoting Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>:

> On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Everything works here (AFAICS) with a 2.6.13.
> > I'm gonna try with a 2.6.14-rc.
> > Please note than udev now replaces hotplug in debian sid. Consequently, you
> have
> > to copy the firmwares into /lib/firmware/ (hotplug used to load them from
> > /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/)
> >
> > Xavier
>
> Do the instructions given on the web site for locating the distributions
> set of firmware directories still work in this case?

Hum it must be distribution dependant.
So, could you please tell users to put the firmware both in
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/ (if they still use hotplug) or in
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/ (new way with udev).
Google tells my that they are distributions where /lib/firmware/ is only a link
to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/.
To sum up : Put the firmware in both locations and you will not face any pb. :)

Xavier, who is not very good to write clear users manuals ;)