[pvrusb2] Fwd: Re: pvrusb2 build error with 2.6.16 on amd64

Andreas Korinek andreas.korinek at wizards-of-chemistry.net
Sun Apr 2 04:49:57 CDT 2006

Subject: Re: pvrusb2 build error with 2.6.16 on amd64
Date: Sunday 02 April 2006 11:48
From: Andreas Korinek <andreas.korinek at wizards-of-chemistry.net>
To: Mike Isely at pobox <isely at pobox.com>

On Sunday 26 March 2006 22:52, Mike Isely wrote:
> I'm even more convinced now that the problem is a missing header.  Search
> all the driver directory files for 'mutex.h' and the case you hit is the
> only place where mutex.h is being included with pretty much nothing else
> in front of it.  If you could figure out what the missing header is, that
> would be great...

Found it: Instead of including
#include <asm/atomic.h>
#include <asm/mutex.h>

I included
#include <linux/mutex.h>

Now it works with the 20060318 snapshot. Unfortunately I don't get xawtv
working with pvrusb2-mci-20060329, this has been discussed earlier, I can now
confirm that there is definately a problem with xawtv and the newest
snapshot.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
Andreas Korinek, B. SC.

I put up my thumb... and it blotted out the planet Earth.
		-- Neil Armstrong

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
Andreas Korinek, B. SC.

Of course you can't flap your arms and fly to the moon.  After a while you'd
run out of air to push against.