[pvrusb2] Fwd: Re: pvrusb2 build error with 2.6.16 on amd64

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Apr 2 17:58:15 CDT 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Andreas Korinek wrote:

> On Sunday 26 March 2006 22:52, Mike Isely wrote:
>
>> I'm even more convinced now that the problem is a missing header.  Search
>> all the driver directory files for 'mutex.h' and the case you hit is the
>> only place where mutex.h is being included with pretty much nothing else
>> in front of it.  If you could figure out what the missing header is, that
>> would be great...
>
> Found it: Instead of including
> #include <asm/atomic.h>
> #include <asm/mutex.h>
>
> I included
> #include <linux/mutex.h>

OK.  Great catch.  Thanks, I'll update the driver for this (and I think
there are multiple places where this has to change).  Thanks for tracking
it down.

> Now it works with the 20060318 snapshot. Unfortunately I don't get xawtv
> working with pvrusb2-mci-20060329, this has been discussed earlier, I can now
> confirm that there is definately a problem with xawtv and the newest
> snapshot.

Yes, this is a problem that needs to be understood.  I don't have any
traction on this yet because I haven't had a chance to chase it.  You can
still use mplayer - but it won't be using the V4L API to operate so an API
problem won't be noticed.  Another datapoint is that MythTV (still) works
and it does use the V4L API.  So what need to figure out is what xawtv is
being sensitive to that recently changed.