[pvrusb2] firmware problems it seems

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Apr 9 22:20:04 CDT 2006

I've isolated the xawtv problem down to a specific revision in Subversion.
I'm completely surprised by what I found.  Still working on the problem.

As for the sound issue, when xawtv exits, it mutes the audio.  mplayer
can't unmute it since when it is run this way it doesn't know about the
v4l controls at all.  When you can xawtv and mplayer concurrently then
xawtv unmuted it for you.  Alternatively, you can adjust the mute control
directly through sysfs.  This behavior is in the FAQ.

   -Mike