[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060417

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Apr 18 14:15:44 CDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Andreas Korinek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe another problem:
>
> I tried to deactivate
>
> CONFIG_VIDEO_PVRUSB2_24XXX=n
> CONFIG_VIDEO_PVRUSB2_DEBUGIFC=n
>
> in the Makefile, and I get
>
> pvrusb2: Unknown symbol pvr2_i2c_wm8775_setup
> pvrusb2: Unknown symbol pvr2_i2c_cx2584x_v4l_setup
> pvrusb2: Unknown symbol pvr2_debugifc_print_info
> pvrusb2: Unknown symbol pvr2_debugifc_print_status
> pvrusb2: Unknown symbol pvr2_debugifc_docmd
>
> when I try to insert the module.

Those config options each do two things: They cause certain additional
modules to be selected for compilation and they control some ifdef's in
various other modules which are always compiled.  The first case is
controlled by the kernel build system, the second is the result of a bunch
of hackery in the Kbuild file.  It sounds like the modules were correctly
deselected but the ifdef's were still on, thus causing the unresolved
external references.  This should be an easy fix.  I suspect that if you
just leave those options as empty instead of "n" then it might work
correctly.

As for the volume control issue, that sounds like a piece of shrapnel from
the controls rework.  It should also be easy to fix.

The earliest I can look into this will be in about 8 hours from now (late
evening Chicago time).  I'll probably be active in IRC on #pvrusb2 at that
time if anyone has any questions.