[pvrusb2] Firmware location error?

roger roger at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 20 02:22:58 CDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 00:35 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> Did you recently update your hotplug package?

Not that I know of, still the same hotplug package that I know of. :-/

> Unfortunately the pvrusb2 driver doesn't know where the firmware is
> actually living, either.  All it does is ask for a file name and the
> question of where it is actually looked for is handled in userland.  So I
> can't help you much there :-(

The log file does show it's trying to upload the firmware, but fails to
do so.

> Note: The firmware file names were changed a few snapshots back.  The
> driver will search for multiple names right now in order to remain
> backwards compatible, but you may want to consider using the new names.
> The web documentation lists the correct names.  (However with that said,
> it doesn't sound like this is the issue you hit.)

Nope. Just test renaming the files and the naming is proper with this
snapshot.

This is really weird and popped up within the past week or so, just
after messing with MTD kernel modules (the MTD modules were disabled in
my previous kernel builds).

I'm going to fiddle some more to see what gives.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Thu Apr 20 00:22:55 PDT 2006