[pvrusb2] Anyone here able to test the pvrusb2 driver in Japan?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Apr 21 21:44:06 CDT 2006

I've noticed that PVR USB2 devices for NTSC are actually marked NTSC and
NTSC-J, which I interpret to mean a Japanese variant of NTSC.  However
tveeprom isn't reporting that standard variant as supported.  I suspect
tveeprom might be wrong in this regard so there's a special case in the
pvrusb2 driver right now to enable "NTSC-Mj" any time "NTSC-M" is seen in
the driver.

But this is a bit of an experiment that I can't verify or falsify because
I don't live in Japan.  Is there anyone here who can verify that this
works?  Or maybe it's just best to take the special case out until someone
in Japan complains...