[pvrusb2] Installing Driver

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Apr 29 17:06:54 CDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Richard Müller wrote:

> I think I have to make this kernel bootable?

Not sure what you mean.

In order for a kernel source tree to be usable for building out-of-tree
modules (like the pvrusb2 driver), it needs to have itself been built at
least once.  This is because the kernel build system generates metadata
that it will need for further module builds.  Usually this isn't an issue
because any distro-supplied kernel source tree will have already been
processed in this manner.  Maybe that isn't the case here?