[pvrusb2] Installing Driver

Richard Müller r.mueller at oeko-sorpe.de
Sun Apr 30 17:23:35 CDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 30. April 2006 00:06 schrieb Mike Isely:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Richard Müller wrote:
> > I think I have to make this kernel bootable?
>
> Not sure what you mean.
I meant that I have to boot this kernel - which I did.
I have now a vanilla-kernel 2.6.16 working, copied the firmware files to their
destination etc...

I have now a /dev/video0 device. I can access the WinTVusb2-box. I read the
serial number via software/sysfs (and it's the same as printed on the
case ;-)
and so on, it seems as I did everything right...
But I'm not able to get a stream. I have a video recorder on the WinTV box and
want to save the video stream.
cat /dev/video0 > movie.mpg resulted in an empty file,
xine - < /dev/video0 makes xine hang,
kaffeine hangs, if " fifo:/dev/video0#demux:mpeg " is written into the URL
field.

But, you see, I'm a lot further than yesterday !
Thank you very much so far,
Richard

--
Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve-Eisborn
www.oeko-sorpe.de