[pvrusb2] SECAM-L is back.

xavier.gnata@free.fr xavier.gnata at free.fr
Sun Aug 13 09:34:58 CDT 2006

Hi,

I have compiled/booted a 2.6.18-rc4-mm1 to test pvrusb2 code included in this
kernel.
It works but an old issue seems to be back :
Launching xawtv, I get a error message :
"invalid value for norm: SECAM-L
valid choices from "norm" : ...cutted..SECAM-B,SECAM-D,SECAM-G,SECAM-H"

I have no clue what are SECAM-B,SECAM-D,SECAM-G and SECAM-H but french people
use SECAM-L.
However, despite this warning, I can watch TV setting xawtv norm to SECAM-B.
This problem is not here when I'm using externally compiled pvrusb2 (last
version) on a 2.6.17.7.

Xawtv may be wrong here but I have ever seen SECAM-L in France (and not SECAM-B)

BTW, as the driver is now in the mainline, I'm not sure to be on the right list
here. We should post bug reports on V4L kernel mailling list, shouldn't we?

Xavier.
ps : Unfortunately, I can't work this 2.6.8-rcX as "by default" kernel because
of ATI issue (kernel API changes are faster than weather ones in Island)