[pvrusb2] My First Post

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Aug 22 16:15:49 CDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

>> Unfortunately I can't control what the MythTV developers say is
>> "supported" or "not supported".  That's their choice.  A while back (I
>> think a year ago) a MythTV developer had contacted me about the health of
>> this driver when used by MythTV.
>
> I'll go ahead and update the HOWTO to reflect that the PVR USB2 should
> be supported at this point.  I was the one that contacted you, and Isaac
> sent me back my USB2 that I'd loaned him.

Ah OK.  I'd forgotten who it was.  Updating that would be great.  Thanks.
Also, if you haven't already done so, the pvrusb2 site link changed a
while back.  The old link "http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2.html" will
redirect OK, but I moved everything down a level in the hierarchy so
either of these will work now:

   http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html
   http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/

The site's top level directory was just getting too cluttered.  I should
have done it this way when I had first set it up.

> I'm assuming that once 2.6.18 rolls around (based on what I read here
> about the API) that the USB2 driver will be fully integrated and will be
> distributed in the kernel, correct?

Yes, the pvrusb2 driver is in 2.6.18-rcX now and barring a disaster it
should be in the official stable 2.6.18 kernel release and all kernels
forward from that point.

FYI, it's my understanding that ivtv will follow in the 2.6.19 kernel.