[pvrusb2] udev error? /dev/video0 and /dev/video missing

Daniel Roth dwroth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:50:33 CDT 2006

How do I remove the snapshot?

-----Original Message-----
From: pvrusb2-bounces at isely.net [mailto:pvrusb2-bounces at isely.net] On Behalf
Of Mike Isely
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:48 PM
To: Communications nexus for pvrusb2 driver
Subject: Re: [pvrusb2] udev error? /dev/video0 and /dev/video missing

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Daniel Roth wrote:

> My linux kernel is 2.6.15-26-amd64-generic.
>
> I used the following code to get V4L:  sudo cvs -d
> :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxtv.org/cvs/video4linux co v4l-kernel

The V4L project stopped using CVS quite a long time ago.  They're using
Mercurial now.  So what you grabbed is probably horribly out of date...

For the kernel version you are using - and unless you have some other
reason to need it - you can probably work just fine with the V4L code
bundled inside that kernel version.  So take the V4L snapshot out of the
picture and try things again.

> And no, I didn't use ivtv.
>
> Mike, thank you so much for your help.

No prob.

     Spammers Die!!     |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC
92
                        |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1
E8