[pvrusb2] udev error? /dev/video0 and /dev/video missing

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Aug 31 15:55:16 CDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Daniel Roth wrote:

> How do I remove the snapshot?

No idea.  It depends entirely on how you "installed" it.  Worst case is
that you reinstall the kernel package from Ubuntu.  There's probably a
"less nuclear" way to remove V4L, but I don't know the specifics of your
setup to tell you :-(

Typically when I install out-of-tree modules (and if there's no nice
distro mechanism to track the changes), I usually save off the existing
module tree into a big tarball first.  Then I can roll back and moving the
relevant directory out of the way and unpacking the tarball again.  This
is how I usually experiment with V4L snapshots.