[pvrusb2] Lirc CVS works with IR-Blaster in WinTV-PVR-USB2 MCE-Kit

Roger J. Allen rja at firkraag.rogera.net
Mon Dec 4 06:43:31 CST 2006

The Media Center Kit version of the WinTV-PVR-USB2 comes with an eHome
USB transceiver.  That transceiver has an IR Blaster which plugs into
it.  The latest CVS of lirc now has the code to output IR signals thru
the IR-Blaster.  It is working with my Comcast cable box.  I am using
the lircd.conf settings for the motorola DCT2000 that is in:

http://www.lirc.org/remotes.tar.bz2

I had been using a serial IR-Blaster to allow mythtv to change the
channels on the cable box, but this provides a USB option.

--
Roger J. Allen
Internet: rja at rogera.net