[pvrusb2] mythtv: Failed to open the card

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Wed Dec 20 03:54:07 CST 2006

Thanks, I got it working.

At the moment it appears that mythtv is an overkill, so I will
probably use mplayer to play and something like cat to record.

I would appreciate advice from people who use simple tools for
recording and watching, especially about the following:

1. how do you record?  cat /dev/video0 > film.mpg, or something more
sophisticated?

2. how do you set the channel? cat frequency into the sysfs?

3. is there any simple filtering one can do to remove fuzzy edges?
something like
cat /dev/video0 | mplayer magic > film.mpg

Any other advice would be appreciated, and I am happy to try (and even
compile) any tool you recommend.

Thanks,

Tamas