[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20061227

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Dec 27 17:04:21 CST 2006

This new driver implements FM radio support.  Credit goes to Pantelis
Koukousoulas for implementing the key features needed to make this work
(and for kicking me enough to make me clean it up the rest of the
way...).  See here:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html#Radio_mode

for information on how to use the radio.  In a nutshell, just change the
input to "radio" and set the frequency you want to listen to.  Stream
out the data as mpeg, as usual.  Sorry, no PCM.  See the web page for
more details.

I've tested this functionality successfully on both 29xxx and 24xxx
devices.  Obviously this has not gotten a lot of burn-in yet and there
were a number of bits and pieces needed to put this together - so expect
some bugs.  But please let me know what you hit, if anything.

The pvrusb2 driver web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html