[pvrusb2] IR help linux newbie

Ryan Schmitz rrschmitz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 10:36:18 CST 2006

Hi

I have been having a very difficult time getting the Remote to work with the
PVRUSB2, and I could really use some help.  I'm sure this has probly been
covered before, but i searched the forums and couldn't find anything that
helped me yet.

So first off, I want to point out I'm pretty new at Linux, I just starting
working with it to use Mythtv, so step by step instructions would be nice.

About my setup:
Fedora Core 6
PVRUSB2 driver 12/27
WinTV PVR USB2  24xxx
lircd 0.8.1-CVS

What I've done:
I compiled the driver, ran fwextract on the driver from the CD, and
transfered the 4 v41* files to /lib/firmware.
The PVR plays live TV and Records just fine.  Its just the remote I can't
get to work.

I've tried many things, but currently all I have done is add:

alias char-major-61  lirc_i2c

to my /etc/modprobe.conf file

So what am I missing, or what have I done wrong.  I've been trying to figure
this out for two weeks, and I give up.

Thanks,
Ryan