[pvrusb2] Re: flicker at the top

Adam King va3pip at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 00:57:04 CST 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Keith Moyer wrote:

> Sorry for asking so many questions... but I noticed that after a while
> (1-2 min), there is a flicker at the top of the picture.  It is
> blocky, and extends maybe to 15% of the picture from the top, and
> usually stops in mid-line.  I am using mythtv, tried different
> settings (width x height, bitrates), but it always shows up.

 Add another user with the same problem.  I also have a 24xxx device,
though I don't have to change channels rapidly to trigger it - I only
have a change a channel once and it'll occur about 50% of the time (
100% time after changing channels a couple of times - even when done
slowly - ie. change a channel every minute or two ).

 This occurs whether it's compiled as a module or not and happens
under 2.6.18 and 2.6.19.1.  I'm running 64bit Gentoo with a dual
Opteron 270s.   Cheers,

  Adam