[pvrusb2] Text user interface to /sys settings

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Feb 7 22:26:24 CST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Phil Endecott wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have just cooked up the enclosed script which attempts to provide a
> text-mode user interface to the PVRUSB2 settings in /sys.  It uses the
> "dialog" program to display menus; this is a standard thing in Debian
> (it is used by the debconf programs during package installation); other
> distributions may or may not have it, and may have incompatible
> versions.  The best bet is to build from the Debian source code.
>
> Note that I have not actually used this on my PVRSUB2 yet, since it
> doesn't work properly with my Debian system.  Maybe someone can test it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil.

    [...]

I just tried it.  Works great.  Slick!!  I really like it's learning
everything it needs straight out of sysfs, no need to hardcode anything
about the controls at all.  This means I can change the controls in the
driver and the tool will just simply "work" :-)

Mind if I place into the utils area?