[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060209

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Feb 9 22:43:43 CST 2006

This driver snapshot includes a few minor tweaks, plus a couple updates in
the utility area.  One of the driver tweaks is a change to ivtv/tveeprom.c
which I *think* should get rid of the nagging symbol version mismatch
errors for people running kernels with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS set.  What I
changed amounts to a hack.  However with kernels from 2.6.15 onward you
can pretty much ignore the entire ivtv directory now and just use what's
already in the kernel.  So I excuse this "hack" by the fact that it is
just to help those running older kernels and that this change won't affect
newer configurations.

The reason I just released this snapshot now was to "clear the decks" for
some larger changes.  This weekend I hope to implement something more
significant - probably new controls to enable better tweaking of the
encoder (e.g. digital filtering settings).

As always, the driver web page can be found here:

   http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2.html