[pvrusb2] Different Device ID

Martin Andrew Galese martin at galese.net
Sat Feb 11 14:11:33 CST 2006

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm sure that I have the PVR version of the device. It matches the picture
exactly. The bottom of my retail box says WinTV-PVR-USB2 Model 941.

I've done some additional experimentation. I booted into Windows XP and used
the device without problems. I then booted back into linux. While using my
modified device-id copy of the driver, I got much more verbose debugging
info. I've attached that portion of the log to this email. I tried testing
the /dev/video0 interface with mplayer, but still no luck. I only even get
this far after a warm restart from windows.

I'm using the Ubuntu stock 2.6.12-10-386 kernel and the most recent snapshot
of the driver. I've compiled both the driver and the pvrusb2 distributed ivtv
code. I removed the older ivtv modules from /lib/modules.

Thanks again!

--
Martin Galese