[pvrusb2] Hauppauge has respun their hardware

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Feb 28 19:32:02 CST 2006

I'm posting this message (with the obvious subject) so people scanning the
mail archives will hopefully see this :-)

As many of you probably already know, Hauppauge has respun the hardware
version of the PVR USB2 device.  The name and look have not changed but
the innards have.  I've updated the main web page
(http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2.html) with information about how to tell if
you have a newer device.

I *am* working on updating the pvrusb2 driver to match the new hardware.
So far I believe I understand the changes fairly well, so it should be
just a matter of time before the driver starts working with it.  In the
mean time, have patience and please let me know if you're one of the ones
waiting on this so that I can add you to the (growing) pool of people who
might be able to help me with testing.