[pvrusb2] Re: Problem with 20060102A

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 3 16:13:50 CST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Helmut Toplitzer wrote:

>> msp3400 is not involved in overall tuning so that probably shouldn't get

>> first, then look at tuner.  The others shouldn't matter.  But don't take
>> my word for it, since after all I was originally not suspecting any of the
>> modules in the first place...
>>

> Haha. After testing for 45min. (my eyes are getting scrambled by switching
> every few seconds) it shows that:
>
> Good news: Its not the complex saa7115
> Bad news: Its not the simple tuner either.
> Yes, you guess it. It's the msp3400... funny?

Yeah, so everything you've found so far has been the opposite of what I've
said.  Well at least that makes things predictable :-)

> The kernel version of saa7115 makes switching slower, but
> it only hangs with the original msp3400. (All other modules
> came from your ivtv-bundle)

Just to be sure here, I have 2 other questions:

1. Which video standard are you using?  (msp3400 is sensitive to this)

2. You are sure that this problem also happens with snapshots that predate
20051231, right?  (I'm not questioning this, I just want to be sure
because that may be an important piece of data.)