[pvrusb2] Re: Problem with 20060102A

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Jan 4 00:10:53 CST 2006

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Helmut Toplitzer wrote:
>
>>> Just to be sure here, I have 2 other questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Which video standard are you using?  (msp3400 is sensitive to this)
>>
>> Jan  3 22:50:23 kernel: pvrusb2 Setting initial video standard to PAL-BG
>> (detected from eeprom)
>>

>>> 2. You are sure that this problem also happens with snapshots that predate
>>> 20051231, right?  (I'm not questioning this, I just want to be sure
>>> because that may be an important piece of data.)
>>>

>> Yes, tried it also with 20051226 and kernel-ivtv, now again. Hangs after a
>> few
>> switchings.
>>
>> Just to make it clear: used kernel ivtv-modules and your pvrusb2-module,
>> then
>> it hangs.
>>
>> Used 20060102A pvrusb2 module and your ivtv-module, everything works ok.
>> Used 20060102A pvrusb2 module and your ivtv-module and msp3400 from
>> original
>> kernel, it hangs again.
>>

> This is good information.  Thanks for nailing it down.  I'll see what can be
> done about this.
>
>  -Mike

I've just tried to reproduce the problem in xawtv and in mplayer -
unsuccessfully.  I built vanilla 2.6.15, compiled pvrusb2.ko for it
(20060102A sources) and used all other modules strictly from that kernel.
It's working here.  I tried two different PVR USB2 devices (they have
different tuner sections), same successful behavior each time.

Unfortunately my test system is not set up for MythTV.  Are you able to
reproduce the problem with xawtv and/or mplayer?  Can *anyone* reproduce
this problem?