[pvrusb2] Re: Problem with 20060102A

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Jan 4 21:56:53 CST 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Mike Isely wrote:

> Definitely more information.  Right now I'm thinking the encoder reset was an
> unlucky coincidence since the hang you marked happened several
> streaming-cycles later.  If I ever manage to reproduce this problem I'll let
> you know.

I see now that the encoder reset was not while running MythTV; it was with
gmplayer.  Sorry for misreading that.  So definitely an unlucky
coincidence and so far we've never seen a hang in MythTV that in any way
is connected to an encoder reset.  I'm fairly sure the two are unrelated
and there's something else happening that we don't yet understand.

We still need a way to track this hang in something other than MythTV.
The (really sucky) alternative is to start debugging the MythTV backend in
an attempt to see why it is giving up - the log data shows the driver
remains healthy the entire time so either this is a timing thing (which
you've already suspected) or there is a latent bug in the MythTV backend
which only now coming out to bite somebody.