[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060101

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Jan 5 22:48:21 CST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I'm more than happy to do some tests. I assume you
> can't get something to me in the next few hrs.
> Tomorrow I'm quite time constrained, but I do have
> time sat/sun during the day
> (but probably not in the evening so irc might be a
> problem).
> Anyway, feel free to drop me a mail (and I'm also on
> irc and if eFfeM-log is there you can also leave a
> msg)
>
> Frans

Frans:

I'm going to send you a test tarball (as a separate message) with some
debug code added.  It is 20060103 with some additional debug flags turned
on and I've added some traceprint around two suspect functions in
pvrusb2-v4l2.c.

I have found a piece of code in pvrusb2-v4l2.c which might be playing a
part in this problem.  It is the driver's implementation for the V4L
VIDIOC_G_FMT and VIDIOC_S_FMT commands.  This code hasn't been touched at
all since at least last May so I don't see how it could have recently
broken.  HOWEVER acting in response to the caller it might try to set up
576/2 lines with "interlace" on, so I've added some debug code in both
commands in an attempt to ferret out what is really happening here.  I'll
freely admit that this code might be a little squirrely, but since it has
not changed then there still has to be something else going on here and so
the right course of action is to gather more information.