[pvrusb2] 2nd audio card

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 06:28:39 CST 2006

Ingo, this is more a mythtv issue than a pvrusb2
issue.
Perhaps mythtv is sending out the sound to your 1st
audio card.
I would expect /dev/dsp to point to your first card
and e.g. /dev/dsp1 or so to your 2nd sound card. You
might need to instruct  mythtv to use that one.

The names in /dev are mapped to devices using
major/minor numbers.
(so yes, in principle you can bind /dev/dsp to your
2nd sound card as well, but that is not really clean).

Whether /dev/dsp is statically made or dynamically
depends on your  distro. If you are running udev then
normally it is done automatically.

Best regards, Frans