[pvrusb2] 2nd audio card

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 7 11:28:06 CST 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a 2nd audio card where I want to get the pvrusb2 sound out.
> Currently I get no sound, so I ask, is the sound device (/dev/dsp) hardcoded
> in the kernel or does my mythtv make nonsense.
> How is the pvrusb2 sound injected into the soundcard?
>
> Playing sound with mpg123 works.
>
> 	ingo flaschberger

Ingo:

The pvrusb2 driver does not have any interactions at all with anything
involving ALSA.  Sound output is an application issue.  All that pvrusb2
does is make the mpeg2 stream available from the hardware, and the audio
within the stream is embedded by the PVR USB2 hardware itself - therefore
the driver never actually directly touches a pure audio stream.  Hope that
helps clear the air a bit.