[pvrusb2] Error loading pvrusb2.ko in FC4 box

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 7 22:11:08 CST 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Matt Bachmann wrote:

> Whoa! Well looking at that it looks like I need to re-rip the firmware and
> rebuild the driver?
> does that sound right? Or this there something completely different I am
> missing!
>
> thanks

You need to have both firmware images available.  What got tripped up here
was the encoder firmware; it was probably missing or hotplug is not
working.  I would also check that the microcontroller firmware file is
also OK - in the snippet you posted, the driver didn't attempt to load
that piece but it will load it if needed by the hardware (always after a
power cycle).

You don't need to rebuild the driver.

You do need to extract and install the firmware.  Possibly both firmware
files.

Firmware loading is done with the help of the hotplug system.  Do you have
hotplug installed and configured correctly?