[pvrusb2] Fwd: Re: [linux-usb-devel] USB EHCI VIA disconnect problem

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jan 17 18:19:18 CST 2006

Helmut:

I've been staying on the sidelines with regard to this issue because so
far I haven't seen anything that suggests the pvrusb2 driver is involved
in any capacity other than that of a spectator or unwitting victim here.

Seems to me that you are juggling several problems at once and it's not at
all clear to me which symptoms correspond to which problem.  We can try to
use the driver to smoke out more about what is going on with the USB
controller you have; maybe add some debug code to it.  But in order to
know what I have do, I have to understand better what you see is going
wrong.  Right now with all the problems you've been describing I'm not
sure where to start.

Regarding the msp3400 issue, that module is KNOWN to have issues, though
none that match these symptoms.  While this might be suggestive of a new
problem with that module (which at the moment I can't really fathom since
audio processing should be independant of bus operation), I can tell you
that the person working on the msp3400 code right now probably isn't going
to want to look into this until after he's cleared the existing problems.