[pvrusb2] IR Question?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 16:26:20 CST 2006

Miephos, I don't know lirc, but normally remote
controls send pulses. To me your error message seems
an indication that either the bits in a pulse train
that represents a command cannot be distinguished, or
that the separation between two commands cannot be
detected (most remotes have keys that autorepeat when
kept pressed).

You might also want to check this:
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.lirc

Good luck, Frans.

--- Miephos <miephos at h3c.de> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
> thanks for your hint. I did what you say.
>
> things that I did:
> PC-MIEPHOS: # modprobe lirc_i2c
> PC-MIEPHOS: # rclirc start
> Starting lircd (/dev/lirc)
>                 done
>
> PC-MIEPHOS: # irrecord test.lirc
> Please send the finished config files to
> <lirc at bartelmus.de> so that I
> can make them available to others. Don't forget to
> put all information
> that you can get about the remote control in the
> header of the file.
>
> Press RETURN to continue.
>

> Hold down an arbitrary button.