[pvrusb2] IR Question?

Ingo Flaschberger if at xip.at
Fri Jan 27 03:57:58 CST 2006

Hello

You are missing a running lircd.

As Roger J. Allen mentioned, look which lircd you have:
whereis licrd 	-> shows you which lircd you have
which lircd	-> shows you which one is used when you only write lircd
 			and hit enter

Try to use the one in /usr/local/....

My lircd start command (short and easy...):
/usr/local/sbin/lircd /etc/lircd.conf

The lircd.conf is the file with the remote control codes found in:
pvrusb2-mci-xxxxx/misc/lircd.conf

After starting lircd you should be able to start "irw" and see the key
presses from the remote control.

The next step is to get mythtv with the remote running:
You also need then in the root-dir of the mythtv user (in my case, /root):
.lircrc
where the key codes are mapped to commands to get a running remote in
mythtv. see the last posts where to get this file.

good luck,
 	ingo flaschberger

geschaeftsleitung
crossip communications gmbH