[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20060702

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Jul 3 00:23:12 CDT 2006

The most significant change in this driver snapshot is a rework of the
encoder controls to match the controls provided when cx2341x is being
used.  (The module cx2341x is a new feature of V4L and will be in the
2.6.18 kernel.  It implements unified control of the cx23416 encoder that
is used by pvrusb2, ivtv, and the blackbird driver.)  You will see new /
different controls in sysfs with this change, and the V4L private controls
visible in xawtv will be different as well.  There are still more changes
needed here but this is a step in the right direction.

In addition to that big change are a lot of little changes, mainly things
driven by inclusion into the kernel tree.

Note: The pvrui.sh script utility included with the driver snapshot
currently has a lot of breakage.  This is due to changes in sysfs (new
variable types, and variable values with embedded spaces).  I will try to
get that updated, but I just haven't had a chance yet.

After Tuesday this week, I will be away for a few days.  Hopefully this
new snapshot doesn't break anything :-)