[pvrusb2] mythtv and pvrusb2

Renan Yson renan.yson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 01:54:06 CDT 2006

hi!

i finally made my unit to work. thanks to all the help from this list,
especially mike, whose been very helpful.

but it still has some problems. this, i think is mythtv related, so if
this is the wrong place to post this, i apologize in advance. but if
anybody has similar experience and can throw me in the right
direction, it'd be much appreciated.

when i do:

modprobe pvrusb2

then use mplayer to view tv, everything works fine. i even tried this
with xine and it's ok. however, when i try to use mythtv, the video
shows something like a reddish/purple vertical band, and the image is
zoomed in (probably 20-30% if i have to guess), so that the image
appears clipped. if i exit mythfrontend and try mplayer, it remembers
the previous state and the image shows the same bands and is zoomed
in.

i tried changing the deinterlace setting, without success.

hope somebody can help me.

thanks!

renan

--
"An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less
until he knows everything about nothing."