[pvrusb2] mythtv and pvrusb2

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Jul 9 16:42:29 CDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Renan Yson wrote:

> thanks for the quick reply!
>
>> Which snapshot are you running?
>
> i was using the 20060702 snapshot.
>
>> After mythtv runs, examine the vertical & horizontal resolution settings
>> (ctl_resolution_hor and ctl_resolution_ver) for the driver.  For NTSC
>> these will start off as 720x480, but I wonder if MythTV might be messing
>
> i did check this using pvrui.sh in the utils subdirectory and it was
> set to 720x480. i also check the ctl_resolution_(ver/hor) and they
> were set to 720x480.

Yes, but was this before or after mythtv touched the driver?

(And running pvrui.sh is just a wrapper around the stuff in /sys so just
dumping the control variables directly does the same thing.)

>> to 720x480.  Failing that, then fall back to the 20060607 snapshot, which
>> was the last snapshot before this change was made - AND please tell me
>> about this so when I return on Sunday I can look at this situation again.
>
> i reverted back to the 20060607 snapshot, and IT WORKED!

OK, this is a very useful piece of information.  But I still need to know
if that 720x480 you got back was before or after mythtv attempted to use
the driver.  I need to know what you got there _after_ mythtv touched it.
I'm guessing that it will be some kind of messed up resolution.

Can anyone else try this?  Unfortunately right now I'm not set up for this
test (I usually test with mplayer and xawtv 4.x which of course work fine
with the latest snapshot).

> thanks a lot for all the help! i'm now a happy user of the pvrusb2 driver.
>
> in case you want to add my unit to your survey, at the back is written
> 24012 Rev D2A3 NTSC/NTSC-J

I'll add it.  Thanks.