[pvrusb2] mythtv and pvrusb2

Renan Yson renan.yson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 07:35:24 CDT 2006

thanks for the quick reply!

> Which snapshot are you running?

i was using the 20060702 snapshot.

> After mythtv runs, examine the vertical & horizontal resolution settings
> (ctl_resolution_hor and ctl_resolution_ver) for the driver.  For NTSC
> these will start off as 720x480, but I wonder if MythTV might be messing

i did check this using pvrui.sh in the utils subdirectory and it was
set to 720x480. i also check the ctl_resolution_(ver/hor) and they
were set to 720x480.

> to 720x480.  Failing that, then fall back to the 20060607 snapshot, which
> was the last snapshot before this change was made - AND please tell me
> about this so when I return on Sunday I can look at this situation again.

i reverted back to the 20060607 snapshot, and IT WORKED!

thanks a lot for all the help! i'm now a happy user of the pvrusb2 driver.

in case you want to add my unit to your survey, at the back is written
24012 Rev D2A3 NTSC/NTSC-J

--
"An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less
until he knows everything about nothing."