[pvrusb2] help with usb id and making the driver to work

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Jun 11 13:25:27 CDT 2006

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Renan Yson wrote:

> also, when i do lsusb, the usb id given is this:
>
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b4:8613 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013
> EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit

That isn't the ID for a Hauppauge PVR USB2 device.  The driver isn't
looking for this ID, so it doesn't get attached to the device when you
plug it in.  Thus nothing happens.

I can't guarantee that the pvrusb2 driver is going to work on this device.
There might be unexpected differences.  If you want to try it anyway, you
need to put that ID into the driver's table.  As a quick hack you can just
replace an entry in pvr2_device_table in pvrusb2-hdw.c and see what
happens.