[pvrusb2] Functionality Questions

Mathew Brown timathewbrown at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 07:38:39 CDT 2006

  Hi,
  I've been thinking of purchasing a Hauppage for quite some time now, but since I just got a laptop, I was looking for something that can run on both my desktop and my laptop machines, depending on which one I'm using.  So I came across the WinTV-PVR-USB2 and in search for Linux drivers for it, I came across your site.  I still haven't purchased it and was wondering if you can help make my decision by answering the following questions:
  a) how would you compare the driver for the WinTV-PVR-USB2 with that for something like the Hauppage PVR350 in terms of features / maturity?
  b) What exactly is the difference between the "WINTV-USB2" (http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_usb2.html) and the WINTV-PVR-USB2 (http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvrusb2.html)?  I get the feeling that they are both basically the same with the USB2 being slightly less expensive.
  c) Is it fully integrated with V4L so I can do  thing such as set a program to record at a given time, etc.

Thanks for your help.