[pvrusb2] /dev/video0: Input/output error problem

Wim Bakker w.bakker32 at chello.nl
Fri Jun 30 15:51:58 CDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 23:38, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Wim Bakker wrote:
> > Hello ,
> >
> > For some time now I get annoying I/O errors om my pvr-usb2 :
> > (kernel 2.6.17.1 with pvrusb2-mci-20060607 pvr driver
> > and the standard kernel modules)
> >
> > cat: /dev/video0: Input/output error
> >
> > The message log shows this at the moment of an I/O error :
> > I set up the device to watch a program :
>
>     [...]
>

> There's also a module option "tolerance" that you can use to make the
> driver more forgiving of USB errors.  Look at www.isely.net/pvrusb2 and
> drill down to the usage page for more info on this (and a caution).  If
> "tolerance" does help, I'd still like to see if we can figure out exactly
> what is going on.

Hai

I put :
options pvrusb2 tolerance=2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2
in my modprobe.conf , and as it looks like now , the I/O errors are
gone , so this means a messy usb bus? I think it's the sata pci
card I had to add to be able to use my sata drives, that shares
interrupt with the usb bus. I will try to find a pata drive, and pull the
card out and see if I/O errors than stay away without having to set
the tolerance to 2.

Sincerely
Wim Bakker