[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot Report .... SUCCESS ! ....follow up notes

Barry Jett bjett80 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 07:45:21 CST 2006

Mike and all,

I've had a chance to play with my 2040:2400 Hauppague box after getting the
latest snapshot to work. Here's what I've found on my Debian 2.6.15-1
system.

Xawtv 4.0
- scantv    works ... no issues
- xawtv    no picture or audio ... receive message "mpeg stream
              timed out - 3 sec". I see the led on the Hauppauge light
              for a brief period of time and go out.

Mplayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.6
- mplayer tv://             no success and no light on the Hauppage
- mplayer /dev/video0   picture but no audio

Mythtv-0.19
- no joy yet on mythtv ..Watch TV did get me a brief light on the
  Hauppauge but no picture, and scanning for channels in the setup
  didn't appear to recognize the device.

Working Solution

Starting 'mplayer /dev/video0' and then starting xawtv, I get both
picture and sound .   I can also change channels and switch between
the composite and tuner from the xawtv application.

Driver Instability

I haven't seen the issue Mike mentioned in his last post as of yet but
I will report if I do.

Barry Jett