[pvrusb2] Working but....

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Mar 30 11:07:51 CST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Luc Bouchard wrote:

> I finally got  my 2900 based box to work with the snapshot from
> February.   IR works fantastic, I can tune channels in Mythtv (all snow
> though since it's antenna based only and in the basement).  The only
> issue is that no sn-XXXXX folder gets created in /sys/modules/pvrusb2.
>
> Any clues as to why that would be?

Try /sys/class/pvrusb2 instead.

> Also, the March snapshot did not work for me at all, wouldn't load the
> firmware.  Reverting to the Feb one worked like a charm.

The firmware files have been renamed.  The web page info shows what the
new names should be.  This was done to conform better to V4L standards.
Also, if you look at your dmesg output, the file names being looked for
are logged so when it fails it should be obvious what is being attempted.

However, with all that said, the driver should still be falling back to
the old firmware file names if it can't find the new ones.  I'm a little
puzzled by that.  But clues to that mystery should be in your dmesg
output.