[pvrusb2] Working but....

Luc Bouchard lucb at luker.on.ca
Thu Mar 30 11:47:41 CST 2006

Mike Isely wrote:

> Try /sys/class/pvrusb2 instead.

I'll check that tonight.

>The firmware files have been renamed.  The web page info shows what the
>new names should be.  This was done to conform better to V4L standards.
>Also, if you look at your dmesg output, the file names being looked for
>are logged so when it fails it should be obvious what is being attempted.
>
>However, with all that said, the driver should still be falling back to
>the old firmware file names if it can't find the new ones.  I'm a little
>puzzled by that.  But clues to that mystery should be in your dmesg
>output.
>
>   -Mike

I was in a hurry to get it installed so did not really get into it with
the new snapshot.  I'll have time to try again later.  The problems were
occuring on a completely fresh install without the old firmware
present.  All the testing I had done with the Feb snapshot was on
another machine, likely the one I'll be testing the new snapshot on.
You gotta having a USB device, makes testing so much easier.

Thanks for a fantastic driver by the way, it let's me re-use existing
hardware for my newly built Myth box.

Luc Bouchard
Nepean, ON