[pvrusb2] 24xx hardware instability.

Martin Andrew Galese martin at galese.net
Fri Mar 31 08:22:24 CST 2006

Hi Mike,

I wanted to let you know that I'm still seeing occasions where the
cx25840 gets wedged. The timing seems to be random, but definitely is
related to the number of "shows" recording by mythtv. The recording time
doesn't seem to matter. As in, I can reliable record a continuous 6 hour
show, but I can only actually record a series of 6, 1 hour shows, 10-15%
of the time. After 3 distinct recordings (and almost never before) there
seems to be a good chance that the cx25840 wedges.

I had thought this was fixed with the mpeg2 garbage filter, but that
only seemed to make the device somewhat more stable.

Has anyone else had this issue? Have you seen it?