[pvrusb2] Trouble with lirc

Rick Immel rckimmel at aim.com
Mon May 8 23:26:23 CDT 2006

How do you setup lirc for pvrusb2?  I am running a 2.6.16 kernel and the
latest version of lirc (0.8.0) will not compile.  I was able to obtain a
CVS snapshot of lirc (0.8.1) that does compile, but will not work.  Is
there another version I should be using?  I assume that you setup lirc
for a Hauppauge PVR-x50 card just like you setup up MythTV.  Is that
correct?   Or should you setup lirc  as a USB or serial device?   In
other words, what should you select in the setup.sh menus to configure
lirc?  BTW both the pvrusb2 driver and MythTV are  working OK.